Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generate TTL signal from low voltage input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malte

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm a real beginner at this so I thought I'd need some input before I start wasting my money.

I have a short signal (about .2V) which need to be amplified to TTL level and then make it stay on logic 1 for a few microseconds. I thought of using a comparator for the amplification, but I'm not sure what to do next. The original signal is only some nanosecond long so I guess I need a flip flop or something. Any ideas on what to do, or suggestions on books or articles?

/Malte

I would put this signal (.2V) in a transistor to switch 0 or 5V into a TTL input. How many nanoseconds is your original signal?

To have a TTL signal in the output for a few microseconds, use the CD4060 that is a decade divider. You can input signals like 0 or 5V (if you are using +5Vcc).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back