Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generate serial number for our own application

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmacore

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, how to generate serial numbers for our own application? i mean application such as adobe photoshop or macromedia flash need serial number to install their application. so i would like to know how to generate serial numbers in order if somebody wants to install my application he must have a serial number from us. and every single application has its own serial number. thanks before

A fast and simple way is to use a pseudorandom generator with a specific starting seed.

What's a pseudorandom generator with a specific starting seed? where can i find the source or information about it?

A pseudorandom generator is a generator for fake random sequences. It's fake in the sense that as long as you use the same generator and the same starting seed (ie same initial state of generator), you can reproduce the sequence, so it's not truely random. Also, the sequence may repeat, but generally after a high number of repeats, depending on the code size.

There are many ways to implement a pseudorandom generator. You can google around for them.

The easiest way of doing this is using disk serial number which is unique.

you can get it using MSDN function "GetVolumeInformation".

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back