Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

general question about virtex II pro fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnio

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
i am a new member of this forum and i see there are plenty of interesting stuff here.. i am writing this topic because i have borrowed a virtex II Pro fpga from the lab of my university in order to expreriment a bit. the thing is that i have a little experience with spartan fpgas and none with this virtex..
so i would be insanely greatful if the gurus of vhdl coudl share some of their codes with me in order to learn some things by reading codes and then move onto coding more advanced problems.
Any other source like tutorials or anything else you could come up with would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Take care
Cheers

still no response...:-(

hi elnio.. if u want to learn HDL then WELCOME TO WORLD OF ASIC would be a good place to start off with.. you can build upon the basics and then start designing to your likes and ideas..

Reactions: elnio

elnio

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks a lot vaisram..i have some experience with fpgas..i made a mips processor and generally stuff for my classes in my technical university..but i want to find something else to do and generally something interesting to implement in fpgas.. do you have some codes you can share that teach stuff? or for example does somebody knows how to play with the input of virtex 2 pro?it has keyboard/mouse analog audio, vga output, rs232 and stuff and i would really like to learn how i can play with them so if you have like a tutorial or something i would be greatful

if you want to try out new project in your fpga then check out the link fpga4fun.com - Welcome
This site has some good projects with all the guidance you need for them..

Reactions: elnio

elnio

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
cool..thanks a lot vaisram..the last link you gave me seems awesome..also if you have something else specific for virtex 2 pro and how to use its components it would be awesome..

hi elnio.. i dont have anything specific for virtex 2 pro.. will post it if i get anything..

Status
Not open for further replies.