Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I would like to understand what does it mean the following :
Gain Flatness at full band shall be C1.0 dB ? what does it mean C 1.0 ? dB
---
Maximum band EIRP is -14 dBW worst case. Nominal operating at -7 dBW ? What does it mean Nominal operating at – 7 dBW?

band EIRP is Minimum 54 dBW , Maximum 72 dBW, Nominal : is 58-60 dBW?

What does it mean Nominal 58-60 dBW?

C1.0dB might mean dB relative to carrier; I've never seen this before; it's usually 1.0 dBc.

dBW is dB relative to 1 Watt.

Nominal 58-60dBW means exactly what it says: the nominal EIRP is in the range of 58 to 60 dBW.

C1.0dB might mean dB relative to carrier; I've never seen this before; it's usually 1.0 dBc.

dBW is dB relative to 1 Watt.

Nominal 58-60dBW means exactly what it says: the nominal EIRP is in the range of 58 to 60 dBW.
Thanks Barry,
Why there are two ranges ? first one is Min - Max and the second one is Nominal range ? Why they did not mention the Min - Max range ? what does it mean "Nominal"
Thanks

Thanks Barry,
Why there are two ranges ? first one is Min - Max and the second one is Nominal range ? Why they did not mention the Min - Max range ? what does it mean "Nominal"
Thanks
Nominal in this case means (and you could look this up yourself in a dictionary, you know) "being according to plan". In other words, the expected value under normal circumstances.

Minimum and maximum are just that: limits. It's like saying a component will operate with a NOMINAL supply voltage of 4.9 to 5.1 volts with a MAXIMUM (allowed) of 6 volts and a MINIMUM(allowed) of 4 Volts.

Thanks a lot Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…