Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GDSII streaming from Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrzahir

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know if there're any problems in streaming the GDSII layout from Cadence SoC Encounter?!

Or I can ask in another way, how do I stream the GDSII file after doing placement & Routing using Cadence SoC Encounter ?!

Thank you.

you must have a streamout map files that have the foudary tech infos (layers), and then stream out from the encouter meuu.

cosmosd said:
you must have a streamout map files that have the foudary tech infos (layers), and then stream out from the encouter meuu.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok I know this. But is there any problems or constraints in streaming out GDS layout from encounter ?!

The problem is that when I submit my layout to the foundry it replies with strange errors and told me something like I cannot send the GDS from Encounter !!!!

Usually, the below method is followed.

Stream in the GDSII file generated from Encounter to Cadence.
Check for DRC and LVS and all the checks and simulations.
Stream out the Physical GDSII file from Cadence, which is submitted to foundry.

Hope, this helps.

hi

the file streamed out from Encounter is normally a gds files with all teh standard cells as black box.(i am not sure 100% but we do it tat way.), So the generated gds has no stand.cells gds file.

So check if the streamed out gds has all teh standard cells included.

BR
SING

That's what I did too. Below top, the gds generated by Encounter has only metal connections and standard cells as black boxes. I wonder, is there a way to make Encounter stream a more hierarchical GDS file? I mean, if Encounter could stream out a gds file which I stream it into a library Virtuoso and be able to see top cell, modules, sub-modules within modules, and standard cells in sub-modules link to standard cell libraries... Thank you!

research235 said:
hi

the file streamed out from Encounter is normally a gds files with all teh standard cells as black box.(i am not sure 100% but we do it tat way.), So the generated gds has no stand.cells gds file.

So check if the streamed out gds has all teh standard cells included.

BR
SING

Hi

In order to make Encounter stream out the GDS containing the standard cells layout, you have to merge the GDS of these standard cells into Encounter.
I don't think that standard cells kits contain the detailed layout of these cells though.

zhipeng said:
That's what I did too. Below top, the gds generated by Encounter has only metal connections and standard cells as black boxes. I wonder, is there a way to make Encounter stream a more hierarchical GDS file? I mean, if Encounter could stream out a gds file which I stream it into a library Virtuoso and be able to see top cell, modules, sub-modules within modules, and standard cells in sub-modules link to standard cell libraries... Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back