Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GDSII stream out problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scscsc

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Cadence icfb to stream out the GDSII file for the foundry. For some reason, the foundry just gave me a incomplete design kit: the layout of standard cells don't have all the layers. When I finish my layout, the foundry will substitute all the standard cells I used in my design with the complete version. For this reason, when I streamed out the GDSII, I checked the option "Retain reference library (no merge)". If not, Cadence will copy the standard cells I used to my local library and add a suffix to the cell names, and the foundry will think they are homemade cells.

The problem is that my design uses some cells of another reference library, which is homemade. If I check the "no merge" option, the GDSII file cannot include physical information of these cells but only the name of cells and their library.

Is there a way to choose the reference library that I want to retain and the one I want to merge? Or is there a way to merge two homemade libraries before streaming out? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back