Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GDS-->LEF/DEF converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hqqh

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gds lef

Hello,

i'm looking for a tool that is capable to convert gdsII files to LEF/DEF format.

greetings,
hqqh

lef def format

hi,

i tried this. maybe i have to tell you a little bit more about the background. we have a layout in c@dence ic5 and want to extract parasitic capacitances and resistances with star rxc from synopsys (not assura). therefore we need the lef/def-files from our design. so i choose export in file menu of ciw and provide my cell view. after i did this, i had the lef/def files, but when i tried to import it in star rxc there where a lot of errors.
it seem that ic5 only export the technology information (layer, via ... definition) and not the user gate information.
is there another way for translation? or do i have to change some properties?

greetings,
hqqh

lef/def

in your case, you should pipo out the gds file and do full gds extraction for analog design. or run abstract first to get the std cell lef file first, and stay with def flow for std cell digital design.

gds to def

Hi cdic,

i don't know the meaning of: "you should pipo out the gds file". can you explain this step more detailed?

thanks,
hqqh

lef def

pipo is the name of tool in IC50 to streamout the gds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back