Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GDS back to DEF/ MW DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ro9ty

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Here is a problem. Please bring in you ideas.

I have a GDS and netlist for a design but i don't have the placed and routed DB (DEF or MW) How can i convert the GDS and netlist back to MW/DEF.
The reason i need it is because i want to do some ECO changes to it and then stream out a GDS again.

Ro9ty

I am not sure about this but you can load gds in virtuso and from there you can dump out lef or def for whole design or for some instances of the design. later on you can you that DEF file for your pnr work.

Sorry bud, but there is no way you can write out DEF from Virtuso. Maybe if you could provide the commands or tcl to do that.

Ro9ty

Maybe we could do it if we have a map file so as to map all layers and cell names in the GDS but we don't even have that.

Ro9ty

I think in this manner we can do :
1. go to import take gds and make one libarary i mean stream it in the virtuso .
2. go to export and give that lib + cell name , it will export one def .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back