Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gaussian Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsha_jois

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one.
I was trying to relate the growth of human population in successive years.
The numbers appear to form a graph looking like the first half of a Gaussian Probability distrubution function. Can any one help me with some more details about he population growth and PDF please?

hello..

could u tell me the mathematical backgrd of considering it as gaussian.. do u say tat jus bcos it was increasing exponentially.. it cud ve anythin.. say k^x...

Hi. thank you. But My question considers the human population of the earth.
And the population of the larger nations as I've obtained shows a sharp reduction in the growth rate. Thats what made me think like this. I tried to plot the population of India, China against time and World population too. The former two show a reduction in the rate and appear to have almost less than 2 percent growth per year. where as the world population shows a reduction in rate but is still increasing slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.