Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate level simulation - aby books about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Gate level simulation

Every time when I do the gate level simulation, I get a lot of troubles such as the simulator is dead, the result is not waht I want, ..., I am wondering if my method has some problem.

Any good book about the flow chart to do Gate level simulation (including the EDA tools) for ASIC and FPGA?

Thaks a lot.

Re: Gate level simulation

fireman said:
Every time when I do the gate level simulation, I get a lot of troubles such as the simulator is dead, the result is not waht I want, ..., I am wondering if my method has some problem.

Any good book about the flow chart to do Gate level simulation (including the EDA tools) for ASIC and FPGA?

Thaks a lot.

I think the simulator user guide is good tutorial, you can find the reason
from ncverilog or vcs tutorial. If your design is so big that the simulator
is dead, you can think about use Static timing Analysis and Formal Verification instead Gate Level simulation. It will save you a lot of time. :)
anyway, you post in wrong Forum. This is about RF & Microwave :?

Static timing Analysis is time consuming.

BTW, is Digital or RF IC design your project? If the former, STA is disburdened sometimes, though its power. When gate level simulation, pls pay more attention to RESET or SET signals.

gate level simulation

Could you tell what trouble you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.