Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gas soldering iron for smd components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adraen

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Sorry if it has been asked before or if my post is in the wrong section, I tried to search for the right section before.

I am looking to replace my soldering irons (I've got two but they are quite bad) mainly for SMD soldering (48 pins tqfp) and seen some gas soldering irons that look quite good hoever I have never soldered with such irons and would like to as if some people did and what was their impressions.

The one i am currently looking at is the dremel versatip as it's quite cheap (£30) and with dremel product i can assure a certain quality.

So, is gas soldering iron any good ? can it be used for smd ?

Thanks.

Regards

Simon.

It would not be a good choice since the tip selection doesn't include any that are specific to SMD (needle, bent conical, knife, single bevel) and temperature control is practically nonexistent.

I have a gas iron but only use it for field work where I can't easily get power for my other irons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back