Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gas sensor interface with AT89s52

Status
Not open for further replies.

aameer

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
when i check with gas sensor MQ-135 it is working fine. it gives 0v and when gas detects it will give 5V but when i interfaced with AT89S52 it is giving 2.4 v when not detcts and give high when detcts. how to solve it ..Please suggest me....

Use a buffer between the sensor and micro

MQ-135 is the naked sensor without any electronics. To clarify the problem, you should show your circuit. It may be the case, that you just forgot to connect a load resistor to the sensor output/ADC input. Consult the datasheet for details.

Although a buffer may be reasonable, the sensor should basically work with a 10K load resistor.

P.S.: The sensor output is an analog signal. AT89S52 hasn't analog inputs, so you should think about using an external ADC.

MQ135 is a sensor with analog o/p you cannot connect it directly to the controller so you will require an external ADC or you can make a simple comparator circuit using op amp and give the digital o/p to the controller

Thinking about the problem again, I realized, that the said 2.4V is most likely generated by the the AT89S52 I/O pull-up resistors, so you actually already have a load resistor. By changing to port 0 inputs, the problem can be solved.

If you are satisfied with a pure digital alarm function, you can adjust RL to get a specific threshold. The threshold won't be tightly specified, but the sensor sensitivity is neither.

thanks for the help guys...
it worked as it was heating i connected to another supply and considering only output pin but didnt made common ground so it was giving problems .when i connected a heat sink and gave from same source..it works fine..
Thanks Alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back