Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garbage value on Serial Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnujMattoo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have readymade working electronic product. I am applying reverse engineering on it. The WiFi module is connected to microcontroller via UART( RX & TX). The android app sends command to wifi and microcontroller works as per the command. I have attached a USB to TTL cable on RX and TX also command ground as well of WiFi module. The cable is connected to serial monitor on PC. When the app send data to WiFi, the serial monitor shows garbage value, which is not readable. I have checked every baud rate possible. Instead of USB to TTL cable, I also used HC05 bluetooth module. But it shows garbage value. How can I get the readable values on my serial monitor. Do i need to disconnect micro controller from WiFi??

Please help

If you are getting some odd symbols on the display, then it suggests that the baud rate is correct (likely) but you have problems with stop bits, parity and no of bits etc. Also see that the bitwise connections again and again...

Use softwares which shows data in all format ascii, dec, hex.
I use hw hercules.

Status
Not open for further replies.