Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

garbage data received by uart of xmc controller by sim908 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanpatil

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI friends,

I am facing one problem communication port of sim908 is connected to xmc controller but sometimes the garbage data is received from uart of controller which is in connection with sim908 i also checked commands , string termination but still i am facing that problem some time .

Please if anybody have the idea about how to solve this problem please help me .............. i am in very weak situation ................:oops::oops:

Thanx and Regards,
MOhan patil.

Maybe this is an overflow issue. Stack, pointer or array indexer pointing out of its logic range or something like that. You could create a function that handles those "garbage data" as you mentioned. When you detect such a situation, you could clear all incoming serial data buffer and send the last command again. Since this is happening "sometimes" then you temporalilly fixed the problem until you detect what is the real cause of this issue.
In addition, if your modem does not have autobaud capability, double check that baudrates from both sides are perfectly matched.

Hi Alex,

Thanx for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try this. Do u have an idea that sim908 may send garbage data because i used the array very careful means there may be very rare situation that array index out of bound situation will occur. In short if u are aware about this ,please help me..:oops:

Thanx and Regards,
MOhan Patil

Status
Not open for further replies.