Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gain is 10 for modified current monitor circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

usually gain is 20. With high impedance load.

I see your point... because of the internal 12k....But on page6 it says approximaltely 12k... this tells me not to rely on that.

In the other thread you use a 0.1 Ohms shunt. Maybe use a 0.05 Ohms shunt instead.

Klaus

Klaus

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
in page 3 it just says "12k", suggesting that 12k is very accurate, I see where you saw "approximately 12k" but that might be taking into account the output impedance of the current mirror aswell?

I need a lower gain, otherwise at our lower end of the current range, the sense voltage will get ridiculously small.

Hi,

usually the current monitor ICs are calibrated for good CMRR and gain precision.
Output impedance may not be calibrated.

I also don´t think that the current mirror should change the output impedance significally.
It would decrease overall performance.
A (good) current mirror has about infinite impedance.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back