Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] gain equilizer for RF Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashy.br

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need help with the design of gain equilizer circuit for 7 to 8 GHz application,
please suggets some links that would help me design the equilizer circuit.

The RCL combinations can be a equalization. But the design should be made by yourself.

Thanx for the reply,

i had another question to ask,

does the SRF of the inductors and capacitors need to be higher than the operating frequency for the equilizer ??

if the SRF needs to be considered, the only way is to design the capacitors and inductors using microstrip lines,
will there be any problems if the microstrip lines were used instead of the discreet components?

also i calculated the width and length required for the inductance and capacitance of 3nH and 100nF respectively,using the following equations,

L=(Z0/(2*PI*F))*Sin((2*PI*l)/lambda)

C=(1/(2*PI*F*Z0))*tan(PI*l/Lambda)

but the problem encountered was that the Z0 needs to be 1000 ohms and the trace width according to ADS is around 3 mils which cannot be fabraticated by me,
kindly let me know if there is any other way of designing an inductor or capacitor using the microstrip lines.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back