Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FYI: OrCAD library sharing group

Status
Not open for further replies.
??
where?

i have lots of allegro libraries, but the names in it dont match with the referenced footprint names in the digikey cis database file. i could change it, but could i change 60 thousand references, do you think?

It would be good to be able to collect a lot of libraries for common CAD programs, perhaps join them together but the problem is that they are all different, use different structures & assignments etc.

It would also be a lot of work to sort them out, but just storing them is no problem.

Hi all,

Is there any foorprint for RF module (315Mhz transmitter and receiver [3pin]), crystal 20MHz, adapter socket and programmer M05x2 SHD that have been done by you all?

If can please share to me, thank you in advance!^^

Hi friends.
Does someone have footprints for SIM900 GSM module?
I tried to research whole Internet ;), but vain

Hi friends.
Does someone have footprints for SIM900 GSM module?
I tried to research whole Internet ;), but vain

Here is the sim900 Hardware design guide
mediafire.com/?u9leja2b800q96b

And here is the footprint in Orcad Layout (it's missing the keepout areas, you'll have to add them yourself)
mediafire.com/?7o11dmt9bodzd1q

Here is the footprint in Orcad PCB Editor (also missing the keepout ares)
mediafire.com/?2fb0tjst9u9256n

Hi All,

I'm a beginner in Mentor graphic pads. Does anyone have any leads for pads logic library.

Thanks in advance!

Special for Beginner:
1. Peer-to-peer support group for Mentors Graphics PADS. Sister group of OrCADexchange. **broken link removed**
2. User's group for PADS PCB Tools (Layout, Router & Logic) discussion. **broken link removed**

I'm sorry for my later response. Unfortunately it doesn't work (not possible to import), but no matter... we found solution.

I need ad9816 and ad9826 video ADC from analog devices. Where can i found the orcad or protel library?

Because i still wait approval for membership for the yahoo forum orcad and i need as soon as possible the orcad libraries of dspic and xilinx fpga i will like to ask if anyone can sent me these files.

Why can't you just make your own parts? It's not hard, you can't depend on others to create the library or parts. By the time you search and ask and complain, you can create the part already!!!! We create large BGA parts all the time!!! I make my own library in both OrCad and Eagle, not even blinking my eyes. The more you create, the easier it gets!!!

Last edited:
I've been out out PCB Layout for at least 10 years, and how I am back in part time. I looked at what the industry has to offer and I am puzzled. Nothing has changed in the last 10 years. There is no footprint repository or offering for anything.

I need a SOT428 footprint for Orcad. Of course I can make it, but it will take me a couple of hours.
This is for a BT136 triac from NXP. A 25 cents part. NXP spent probably $1M to develop this part. The only way they can make money is if hundreds or thousands of people design it into their products. This means, hundreds or thousands of PCB designers will have to create their own SOT428 footprint.
This is simply crazy. Thousands of men hours will be spent for a single part. There are thousands, or tens of thousands parts in the world, and new parts are coming out every day. Millions of man hours are spent creating footprints.

How come there is no standardization in this field?
How come, on the technical documentation page of any part, I cannot find the schematic and layout footprints, for all the CAD programs out there?
I could not find any website for footprint exchange - you make one, upload it for the world to use - you need one, check there first if not already made.
How come none of the distributors are offering footprints on their websites? How can you use a part without making a PCB for it? How can you make a PCB without a footprint?

Schematic symbols are easy to make - 5 minutes each. You make a mistake, run the DRC and you find it.
Layout symbols are a different story. One mistake will cost you many thousands in men hours and new prototypes.
But this issue seems to be ignored by the industry.

Let me know where I am wrong.

Don't mean to be offensive, I am not, this is a TO220AB and is a 3 pin package. It takes you 2 hours to create the symbol and footprint? I am not a pcb designer, just an engineer that design a lot of pcb. I estimate it is a 10 minutes job at the worst. I know the old OrCad has TO220AB footprint in their standard library, get a symbol for the DIAC or whatever and change the name, edit the footprint, then save it as yours!!!

No offense taken. If you can do it in 10 minutes, I'll buy you lunch. If you are not in Silicon Valley, I'll paypal you 10 bucks.
Datasheet attached.

I am not too slow or too fast, but by the time I translate all the dimensions on paper, then on the Library Manager, then
check everything twice, it's at least one hour.

But even if it's a 10 minutes job, why should 1,000 designers do it 1,000 times?
That's 10,000 minutes, or 7 man-days, for ONE part, and there are many, many thousands of parts, and new are coming daily.

The lunch offer stands.

Attachments

• Triac-BT136-SM.pdf
    157.6 KB · Views: 125

I am not going to try to create the part, I am not interested in getting the lunch or the money. It is SOT428, you can find the footprint in the layout library. As I said, bring up a triac symbol from the capture library, rename and link the footprint and save it. I know the old OrCad 9.2 and the Eagle, both are very easy. In Eagle, it's even easier, find the triac symbol, find the SOT428 package and "marry" the two together to create the device. I don't know your version, I am sure it should be just as easy.

If 1000 people spending 20 minutes looking around, then complain about it before even getting a part, they still should verify the correctness of the dimension. That is a lot of time wasted too. I just learn Eagle, the first thing I learn was to create parts. Once you get it rolling, you just keep creating one after the other, I make my own library in like 4 or 5 hours instead of looking for the part. Particularly I design music electronics, the switches and connectors are not common. It was much faster for me to just create the parts.

Last edited:

Re: orcad library

Hi,

hope can accept my membership request, i've been waiting for past several days.

Please help, thanks.

Colleagues,

I have started to use OrCAD (my lab has a site license), and found that capture libraries are missing many useful parts. I'm drawing them myself, and I've set up a yahoo group to share the libraries. You're invited to join!

Now we have a lot of capture (.olb) and layout libraries (.llb). In particular, there are many libraries for PIC and AVR microcontrollers.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/OrCADexchange
Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Added on March 2008

By now, the group have been running for two years, and dozens of libraries have accumulated in the files section:
- PIC, dsPIC
- Atmel AVR
- Philips/NXP ARM
- Xilinx CPLD and FPGA
- Other libraries for Zilog, Linear Technology, Maxim, ST, Microchip and other manufacturers’ chips.

Can anyone give me the Eagle footprint for L293d H bridge SO (smd ) Package ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back