Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fuzzy image processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroabdo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I want to work on these subjects:

FUZZY IMAGE PROCESSING
Lp-MEAN FILTERS
WEIGHTED MEDIAN FILTERS
MORPHOLOGICAL FILTERING

But i don't know from where to begin, for example let's say i'll be starting in fuzzy image processing. I will be doing phd studies from September this year so i would be glad if i got to know someone who do work on these subjects and share knowledges and books.

Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

And the theme is about Nonlinear Image Processing methods.

if you have a phd thesis you should search on paper publisher for new idea such as ieee and sciencedirect.

I might have suggested researching my brother-in-law Dr Caro Lucas , who is no longer living. He was an expert on Fuzzy Logic but had many researcher students and publications.

Also I know over 15 yrs ago when Sony used fuzzy logic for faster auto-focus in low light conditions.

If this is not for a camera but simply post processing a fuzzy image, there are many methods implemented already in applications like PHotoshop, Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro.
Learn what is the state of the art in fuzzy image processing commercially and then see where you can make improvements.

Frequency domain vs gamma shift vs edge detect and centroid weighting,
Paint Shop Pro has slider options (for matrix calculations) continuous gradient or size of sub-processing.

To evaluate your methods use many methods of blurring and fuzzy images and then determine the least squared error differences between clean image, fuzzy image and post-processed image to have a figure of merit (FOM) in recognizing an image, such as PIcasa's variable threshold facial recognition. ANother metric is processing speed with batch processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back