Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Future of embedded system

Status
Not open for further replies.

manikandanshine

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now i am studying pic16f877a+hitech c compiler.....i want to know what is the future of embedded system.....can anyone tell what are skills needed for embedded engineer....its only for my develoment..........can anyone tell what are the areas and skills i should inprove for my future.....

Thanks in advance....

Also I want to become more busy with embedded systems. I dont know lots, but the robotics companies are using embedded systems, also defense industries are using them.

It really depends what are you trying to be part of. Embedded systems is a huge area, you can make yourself a good embedded hardware designer, software designer or software developer. You may want to look what do you like the most and focus on that.

1, VLSI/FPGA
2, MICROCONTROLLER Programming
3, RTOS
4, DSP

Dear manikandan,
The way you are starting is good. Please continue your work with PIC microcontroller because we have good future for PIC microcontroller specifically in India. Take on microcontroller & study it fully & clearly. Once you strong with this.... switch to some other microcontroller like atmega, ARM, Renesas, etc....
Whatever microcontroller you are using is not a matter for a beginner but you need ability to move other microcontroller through self learning....

"For all the above you need very good c language skill"

Regards
Udhay
Coimbatore :)

You should not divide Embedded Systems into hardware and software. Without the knowledge of hardware it is impossible to write good firmware. Anyway Embedded Systems has bright future and skilled Embedded Developers are highly paid. Writing good embedded firmware is a skill and it develops by time; and depends on your dedication and enthusiasm.

As you said that you are more interested in embedded software, I would like to put more light on what is inside

1. Embedded System development :
Emb C/C++, API development, XML/UML

2. OS/ RTOS :
LinuxOS, RTLinux, RTOS, BSP, Device Drivers, Client Server applications

3. Microcontroller System Development :
various microcontrollers, Industrial Control, Protocols and std.

4. Embedded System Design with FPGA

5. Embedded Software Testing
Testing and support, debugging

So these are the sub-fields known to me. Surf internet and go through all of these; know your interest; pick one up and be very good at it.
Embedded Systems is a huge area which is growing by leaps and bounds from half a decade. It promises very good career provided you have required skillset. So plan accordingly !
Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.