Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuse bits for ATmega8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rade908

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, need me help.
I make programmer for AVR microcontrollers, with ATmega8.But I'm not sure whether I correctly set fuse bits. I am read datasheet but I don't understand fully datasheet. I am set low fuse bits 0xD9 and high fuse bits 0xE1. I using 12MHz quartz oscillator. Lock bits i don't touch and it is set as default at 0xFF.
Can someone tell me, am i set fuse bits correctly? If not set correctly, please tell me how to set.

Last edited:

ok but what do I do with locked bits? if I leave them to be as default?

Why don't you use a programmer with a front end like ponyprog or AVR8 Burn-O-Mat , it will make your life easier.

Alex

Reactions: rade908

rade908

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I installed AVR8 Burn-O-Mat and think it will help me

Yes it is a nice front end to avrdude, I find it very convenient.
It just doesn't have security fuses so if want to change them you have to use a different way like command line of avrdude or a different program like ponyprog or even AVR studio (ISP or JTAG) if your programmer is supported.

Alex

Lock bits i don't touch and it is set as default at 0xFF.

The default setting (factory setting) of atmega 8 is not 0xff.

The default setting is Low value 0xE1 and High value is 0xD9.

Check that out..

Status
Not open for further replies.