Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Function Genarator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashish.chip

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
function genarator

I want to make a function Generator(For sine wave,square wave and Triangular wave)....but i hav circuits using only 8038chip for this......so can u suggest me any other option or circuit for this purpose................
thanx a lot!!!

U can generate square wave with astable multivibrator. by using integrator u can generate triangle wave.

by using filter, from square wave u can create sine wave.....

Function generator can be build with some opamps ..
For details see attached file ..

Regards,
IanP

why do condtruct a function genrator using MCUs function generator ic are avilable which can generate a sine ,square and triangle wave
--pradeep--

If you do not find 8038 similar ICs, try to find XR2206 function generator IC. The best is the MAX038 (out of production).

You can make function generator using some basic circuits as for example a wien bridge oscillator (for almost pure sinewaves) with a gang pot to control frequency. From this sinewave, you can derive square wave passing the sine wave by a schmitt trigger circuit. Then the triangle wave can be obtained using integrators circuits. All can be made with ampops.

hi
555 is the good and very much economical option
regards
JSPS

hello pradeep,
can u tell me more abt this MCU function generator.........
thanx a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.