Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fully differential Folded Cascode op amp bias with PMOS Inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock176

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please help me in designing the folded cascode amplifier using PMOS inputs

Yes I consulted textbook Behzad Razavi also. I am designing the circuit for small powered devices in cadence gpdk180. I want to know the optimal assumptions for the circuit.

I assumed the design parameters as
1) Vdd = 1.8V
2) Power = 54uW (I comes out to be 30u)
3) SR = 10V/usec
4) Load cap = 2pF
5) GB = 20MHz
6) ICMR- = 0.8V
7) ICMR+ = 1.6V

Help me assuming the optimium overdrive voltages. I have taken circuit from Behzad Razavi p 302

SR=Itail/Cload -> Itail = 20uA
GBW=20 MHz -> gm = 2PI GBW Cload = 250uS -> Itail > 16uA (depends to inversion coefficient of your input mosfets)

folded_nmos.png

here i have designed nmos input folded cascode transistor. problem is that the pmos transistors and last two nmos tx in cascode structure are working in region 2 i.e triode region. also for biasing i have set v3 and v4 as 880mv and 770mv.

Suggest me some changes for making all transistor working in saturation

I have tuned the circuit. I obtained all transistors in saturation region. Now i am faciing one problem.

Gain is coming out to be 52dB and UGB is only 6.7Mhz.
It should be atleast 20MHz and >70dB

How to approach for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.