Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full Color Led Dot Matrix separate leads per color

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancezeus

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the acquisition or building of a full color dot matrix display. I have most of the other componenents already lined up, but am missing the display itself. The specs for the display:

1) full color
2) 8x8 or 8x16
3) if Vf < 2.5v: common cathode (each color separate, so 8x3/16x3 columns and 8x3 rows)
4) if Vf > 2.5v: common anode (same rules)
5) max 40mA typical forward current

In a custom design, 3 and 4 may be mixed, but I would prefer a prebuild matrix, so it will probably be a common anode with separate leads per color.

The question:
1) Does anyone know if such a display exists (and have a link to it)
2) Does anyone have any pointers to making a display myself that can be used to display video/general animations (I am planning on creating a modular display system, so I can expand it when I want to have a bigger/higher resolution screen)
2a) Can it be done with ordinary 3 or 5mm single color leds and some kind of diffuse lens
2b) Can anyone point me to through hole RGB leds with separate anodes/cathodes per color
2c) Can anyone point me to any RGB led with separate anodes/cathodes per color that don't cost a fortune (cheapest I've found are still around $0.8 or more)

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Check scecifications bellow, and evaluate if fit your need :

+++

This is not exactly what I need, the problem is I need a seperate row and separate column per color, so it must be a full color matrix but each color must behave as if it is a single color matrix...

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back