Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full bridge gate drive design using low side drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingo100

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
i am designing a full bridge converter (SMPS) using two single out low side drivers.
to drive the high side MOSFETs i am using two 1:1 :1 gate drive transformers. 1 primary and 2 secondary windings for the gate drive tx. each gate drive tx drive the diagonal MOSFETs of the full bridge.

two avoid the saturation in series with the primary side of the tx a 0.1uF cap has been used, to reconstruct the signal on the secondary of the gate drive tx 0.1 cap and diode has been used for the 2 secondary windings.

the issue is, for the low side signal there is a shift from reference about 5v and for the high side signal it around 1v is observed, which may be acceptable.

can i get a tip why the low side gate signal shifted from the reference by around 5V.

I don't clearly understand, what you mean with "reference" in your post. You may want to specify the observed waveforms more
exactly. Your diode circuit also isn't clear to me. There are different restore options, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back