Not open for further replies.

Spartatux

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have no formation in electronic, I do that project as a hobby.
This is my first pcb project and this is the first part of a bigger project.

So there is the schematic, please comment, let me know if I did a mistake and/or if I can improve it.
I used EaglePCB

Thank you.

So you want to make a 8 bit adder? If this is your first project and you have no knowledge of electronics I suggest that you start with 4 bit adder. Also instead of using AND OR gates use SR flip flops ICs you will have to use much less hardware.
But what is a flip flop you will ask. SR flip flop is just a combination of 4 logic gates, I will not go into detail. You can search the internet for a circuit diagram for "4 bit adder using Flip flops".
Also before making a PCB always check your circuit using simulation softwares.Download Proteus 8 and use it. Get a pirated copy if you can't buy it.
Make the circuit in proteus and post it here.

I have no formal formation in electronic, but I do have some knowledge.
I know what a flip flop is, but I don't want have to use clock to add.

Why 8 bits? I don't know, I just thought that would be a good challenge and it's better to have more bits to do an ALU with more functions.
But that's more a long shot.

Anyway, I am not concern if the logic work, I tested it with LogicCircuit.

I was more concern by the schematic if it was well done, but I got help on an other forum. I will attach my EaglePCB project.

The next step is routing trace.

Attachments

• Full Adder.zip
    473.5 KB · Views: 107

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…