Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FTDI232 module problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martynas Jankūnas

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I purshased **broken link removed** from ebay, but I can't make it work. For a test I programmed an Arduino UNO to serial print a number, increment it and delay for one second. When I hooked up FTDI it didn't show anything (I tried the same with USB2SERIAL light module, all worked fine, so I don't think I made any mistakes).
At first I thought that FTDI drivers bricked the chip (Windows installed 2.12 version at first hookup) so I rolled down drivers to 2.08 version and tried to unbrick chip with this **broken link removed**. It turns out that chip wasn't bricked after all.
Is it something else I could try to make FTDI work?
Some info that I get:
Screenshot - 2015-08-12 , 23_23_00.pngScreenshot from 2015-08-12 19_05_46.png

Your test has to many variables. You should use a simpler test.
Connect the RX and TX pins on the module together and use a program such as hyper terminal or real terminal and check that you can send and receive data.

Did you buy the original FTDI IC? or a chinese version of it, both have different drivers, wont wont alternatively, did you chose the correct COM port, FTDI makes to appear a new COM port.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't an original chip, one of those cheap module from ebay, thats why my first thouth was that drivers bricked it. Yes I chose correct COM port, checked it on device manager. Also when I tried to read eeprom from Ubuntu with ftdilib example it succeded, but serial-test example gave an error (it shows on the picture with terminal window)

Status
Not open for further replies.