Not open for further replies.

eddiemon

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm having a very mindboggling problem with communication of an atmega32 with the help of a cable as mentioned in the title.

I send commands to the µC which drives a stepper motor. I know my PCB has many flaws and the motor generates spikes on the pins and occasionally resets the controller, but the real problem is that when it resets my windows 7 machine loses connection to the COM-port and just wont receive or send any more characters.

I have tested it on a comp with winXP and there it worked perfectly (using TeraTerm as my software on both xp and 7) and this problem is soaking up too much time now so Im asking you what you think the problem (and maybe solution) is. I think it is the USB drivers in Win7 that behaves differently than XPs but I can't confirm that.

/eddiemon

edit: (I now realized this may not be the right category to post my problem, somebody move it?)

I shall await with eager anticipation to watch your times tumble
Good luck with the new pedals I am sure that they will make racing more pleasurable
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Herman Miller| Herman Miller Chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…