Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FTDI USB Audio Design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

azhar_multan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ftdi audio

hi,
I have a FTDI FT245BM chip and I want it to use at a time for Audio and as well as controlling the computer. Can any one please give me hint about using this chip as audio decorder or any other chip attached with it to decode digital audio using its BIT BANG mode.
Thanks & Best regards

usb audio design

This chip cannot be used as audio decoder. For this purpose it is necessary to use MP3 player VLSI VS1001K
Also it is not necessary to use for this purpose Bit Bang mode. It mode slow.

usb audio designing

Thanks for reply.
I know that this chip can not be used as audio decorder but I wanted that a serial ADC Audio decorder may be used on its outputs.
Do you have any idea?
I am facing problem in designing Serial ADC Audio chip's LR Clock pin signal.

ftdi audio

Audio decoding?
I assume your talking about IIS serial DAC.
this kind of dac required very fast (sapling_rate*no_of_bits*2) and precise timing, you may use usb if chip + pld for timing control and pulling data out of ftdi fifo + serial dac.

Status
Not open for further replies.