Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FTD2XX.DLL and VB2005: how to use FT_OpenEX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

letibell

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ft_open_by_location

I'm using VB2005.
can somebody help me to use the FT_OpenEX function with USB physical location IDS?
Or someother tricks to manage more than one FTDI devices connected to my USB ports.

many thanks..

ftd2xx.dll

Use diffrent descriptions or serial numbers, which can be programmed into the eeprom.

regards

ft_openex

thanks for your reply, but I'm using a 2232 FTDI device, in USB-dual RS232 converter configuration.
I don't think I can change the device decription as I want.
Or am I wrong?

I would like to use FT_OpenEX( dwloc, FT_OPEN_BY_LOCATION, FT_HANDLE)

where
dwloc= physical location ID of my USB device
( I try to obtain such loc ID using USB VIEW.... but may be there is something wrong in my application, because FT_OpenEX doesnt' work, as it gives me FT_STATUS=2 , that is "device not found")

does anybody know how to use USB VIEW together with FT_OpenEX and FT_OPEN_BY_LOCATION flag ?

how to use ftd2xx.dll

YEP!
I solved everything!
I used FTDI MProg to set my own description and SN, so that I can select my devices using FT_OpenEX with FT_OPEN_BY_DESCRIPTION flag.

thnx!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back