Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fsdb2vcd conversion for bit signals -> vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgbackup

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using fsdb2vcd version:
fsdb2vcd - fsdb to vcd converter, Release 2011.04 (Linux x86_64/64bit) 03/31/2011
Copyright (C) 1996 - 2011 by SpringSoft, Inc.

My problem is as follows. I have a FSDB trace that contains signal names like this \foo[0], \foo[1], \foo[2] … In nWave, they show up as \foo[2:0] which is great. Now, I want to convert this FSDB trace to a VCD (or EVCD if possible) trace. However, rather than having \foo[0], \foo[1], \foo[2], I want the VCD trace to have foo[2:0]. That is, I want to combine the scalar bits to a vector. I tried using the –consolidate_bus option as follows:

fsdb2vcd test.fsdb –o test.vcd –consolidate_bus

However, in the generated test.vcd, I got the following:

$var tri 1 O4 foo [0] $end
$var tri 1 P4 foo [1] $end
$var tri 1 Q4 foo [2] $end

So the –consolidate_bus option doesn’t seem to be working. I thought maybe the \ (escape sequence was a problem). So I tried FSDB -> VCD (to get above, without escape sequence) -> FSDB (using vcd2fsdb) -> VCD (fsdb2vcd –consolidate_bus). But that also doesn’t seem to work.

Can you please tell me how the –consolidate_bus option works? Is it possible to convert scalar bit signals to vectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back