Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FS: VisionCLICK DEMO license

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosagepa

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello folks.

I've seen several announces in eBay mostly, about Vision ICE and Vision PROBE hardware (Wind River debugging hardware for several families of uC/uPs), sadly these are sold normally without any accompanying software or when they come with some sort of CD, normally the license is long ago expired.

See which package I got, BRAND NEW still in its original box from a guy via eBay:

IMG_8718.JPG

Isn't it just beautiful??? Who said obsolete hardware is not beautiful?
Who wants to entertain the new hardware fad chip family everyday and migrate all his knowledge?
Can we ever think that these things would ever ever lose their value? But they've done, I mean, they already *have* a value, and a high one for that matter, because of the licensing, the software costs, the support policies... but the hardware itself is great and STILL can do a job if we just wished!

I think, and I guess a bunch of folks can agree, this is a total waste of otherwise perfectly functioning pieces of hardware, that I have as beloved for not all of us have either worked in the past at a company producing hardware using those families, or for the most part we're hobbyist just trying to make our way through learning these platforms and honing our debugging "chops" so to speak with them.

I happen to have some DEMO licenses around for this, and yeah!! STILL NOT expired ones, that everyone out there who has these things or has got something similar from 2nd hand sources (namely: VisionICE II, Vision PROBE, Vision ICE "old", and a chip or two in their hands DESERVING a second opportunity to be integrated into some cool design for home automation, control, or JUST for the sake and fun of it!, could get a use for.

If you're interested just drop me a PM, and we can sort it out.

If you're with me in the (re)using and defeating in our own ways the programmed obsolescence nonsense provided you're a hobbyist with time to spare and NO relation to any high $$$$-expending HW or Embedded design company, you're on the right track here, and honestly I ENCOURAGE you all to post here your own experiences and thoughts and insight about this.

See an example for a kind of License I am willing to share/ give away for anyone wishing to (re)use these old abandoned pods and stuff:

license.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back