Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Front face sticker panel material used in commercial equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to design a panel for a product and I have seen these panels that many commercial equipment use.

The attached photo (taken in an angle to see the matte glare) shows what I am talking about.
It seems that this is a kind of a sticker, printed on the back side (the side that sticks onto the panel) of a transparent film. And that film has a kind of roughness onto it (matte like).

Do you know what is this material, or what is this procedure called?
Are there any machines of lower cost that can be purchased for this result?
Or any other info you have on it.

Attachments

• hp.jpg
    hp.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 127

Hi,

This usually is
PET (polyethylene terephtalate) foil with 150um ... 300um thickness.

Usually silk screen printed or via digital print from backside. Then the glue (3M VHB)

Selfmade:
You may also (laser) print on (sticky) paper or suitable PES sticker paper and protect the print with the thick, structured PET foil.

I buy this PET foil and the 3M glue sheets from the company that produces the frontfoil professionally.

Klaus

Last edited:

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back