From where can a beginner like me in java start??

Status
Not open for further replies.

akmirror

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to learn java how can i start

hello evryone...i have known that java is important..but i don't know where to start....i hav learnes C language and nth else....so i want to now learn java..

So what should i do to learn for a start...plz suggest me???

Hi,

you may want to look at the official information and tutorials from Sun: https://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

Some further questions:
Why do you want to learn Java? What platform (CPU, operating system) are you using? What kind of applications do you want to code? Are you already familiar with C++ or only with C?

magixD

Java is big in writing small apps for the mobile phone platform.
This is a lucrative and expanding market as mobiles move into the web aware pocket computer realm.

Well i want to write codes for mobile communication as i m a electronics and communication student. Though I don't know abt C++ , many tell me to learn java and use eclipse. So i want your suggestions

Regards....

yes you should learn java.. for java syntax familiarity I suggest you a book "How to Program by Dietel and Dietel" after this you should learn J2ME.

You might also want to forget all about Java and go to C# directly...

Microsoft = support + documentation + code base evolution + better tools + latest technology + ...

Love M$ !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…