Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

From picture file to LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooftop

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fastlcd.zip

Anyone know how to convert some picture file(.bmp,.jpg) so i can display it to lcd? it's graphic and b&w LCD. If you know the algorithm please tell me. If you have some code in AVR or 8952 i really appreciate it. Really thanks

Best Regards

heya. on hantronix there is a article on how to display graphics.. you can use TIFF format.

And there are a lot of programs to convert a picture to a C array. Like "fastLCD"
goodluck!!

Jos Brink

Rooftop

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the result :)
May i know the site? I can't find the tutorial.
I am planning to convert the picture to NOKIA3310 LCD. is the converter the only way? what about the resolution? i still a bit confused if using converter, can someone teach me how to do it manually? Thanks again for the repply,i really appreciate it

I'm not formilliar with those nokia lcd's, what kind of controller does it use?

ie: sed1520

let me know

Rooftop

Thanks all for the help.I really appreciate it. But i still wonder if using this program is the only way... but it's better than nothing. THank you

Best Regards

I created a program for converting 1-bit black&white file into C, Basic or pascal data table. You just create a picture in any available graphic software (Corel, Paintbrush etc.) and export it as a *.bmp file. Then you load it into the program and convert to data table.

Rooftop

Status
Not open for further replies.