Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

From +12V to +300V, I can not get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEHobby

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Attached image is my design. It is based on the following link
**broken link removed**

The componet I used is

Transformer: data sheet is below

**broken link removed**

Transisitor : MJE3055. The data sheet is
https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MJE2955T-D.PDF

But no way can I get 300V. Any boby can tell me what's wrong? Thanks a lot.

[/img]

But no way can I get 300V
is your primery oscillator working ? try measure using oscilloscope and carefully examine the waveform.

No. The primary oscillator does not work. For the two transistor, Q10 and Q11, sometime the collector of Q10 is 12V, the collector of Q11 is 0v when I power on. some times the other way, but I did not see any oscillation.

Thanks for your help. I am going to add the components you recommended. The only thing I am concerned is the efficiency. I am using 300V to charge a capacitor. When it is trigged, the capacitor will discharge and excite a transducer. So I don't really need high current. This is going to be used in a portable instrument powered by battery. Is this circuit very efficient? Can I still use MJE3055 instead of 2N3055? Once again, thanks for your help

Anything with 3055 will do ..

As far as efficiency is concerned, this configuration "looses" quite a lot of power (as heat) in the base resistors ..
If you can, change the concept and use MOSFETS with a small square wave generator .. see picture below ..
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back