Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequent failure in 74HC595 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about inputs. 22R would be a bit low, rather 100 to 220R.

I was talking about inputs. 22R would be a bit low, rather 100 to 220R.
Hi,
If We do so are there any loading issues will be? I hope adding more resistors increases total resistance and thus lowers current. Will the current be sufficient to operate the Input pin of 74HC595?? Hidden risk if any?

Did you read about the '595 input current

As per the datasheet, I could fetch only Clamping currents. Does it mean indirectly it will accept a maximum of 20mA?
If is it so where could I get Min current requirement?

1604993470276.png

Hi,

Don't look at the "absolute maximum values" / "Limiting values"
Look at the "Static characteristics"
It will be named "input current". Typical abbreviations: I_in, I_i, I_IL, I_IH .... or so.

Klaus

Look at the "Static characteristics"
It will be named "input current". Typical abbreviations: I_in, I_i, I_IL, I_IH .... or so.
Hello,
I have checked the Static Characteristics of 74HC595. Where I could see Vol/Voh parameters. But I could not get the exact data you have mentioned. I am very well aware that every IC manufacturers will say the input current details in the datasheet.

The problem is they are mentioning Input current with other technical names. Datasheet as follows
1604995709860.png

Hi,

I_I = Input leakage current

It´s there

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.