Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency meter pic led display

Status
Not open for further replies.
lc meter pic16f876a

About FCL Buev has to be remark following diference from typical AADE work[as are presented by Buev]:
-AADE metod has an inconvenient regard to measuring big value of inductors[bigger than 10 mH] with an increasing value of self capacitance.In this case the reading values are diferent ,from the real one,about 2-10!
-For eliminate the above inconvenient the author use a new function-making the calibration with conected inductor.After this, the calculation is done showing the "real" value and the self capacitance.
-This method is also not ideal because the self capacitance is spread between the measured inductor and etalon inductor .If the measured inductor is 100 times bigger than etalon inductor[bigger than 10 mH;the etalon has 100 uH] the errors are smaller!
In Buev article you can see a representative photo for an inductor with an self capacitance of about 123.4pF[475.6 mH!!].You can imagine the errors for the classic AADE aparat!
The typical error in measuring inductance are 2 to 10 %,generally at lower value.For small inductors[as dimensions] with big value of resistance[more than 20 ohm] and closed magnetic field[without gaps],the errors show significant growings.
About the discussions in their forum-is normal to appear because is an complex SMD construction,not so easy to build!

lc atmega meter

parab_shashank said:
Hi !
I've made the LC meter using 89c2051 from Hw.cz Site
But it's not working properly
if anybody have made it successfully , kindly provide me the info
Does it measure Capacitance as well as inductance accurately ?

regards,
Shashank P.

What's the problem? I have successfully made it. I have very good acuracy. Please tell more about your construction. What kind of capacitor and inductor do you use? Did you compiled asm without errors?

digital lcd meter version 1 nokia

I have to show another link for a good AADE based LC meter at **broken link removed**.
It use AT90S2313 as MCU.The etalons are 49 uH and 400 pF.
I build this meter and works well.Comparing to original I don't use the conection with PC.
For some values of etalon caps I had measured the error was quite smaller as 1%!
For inductors I can not say anything because I don't have etalons.
For any problem,at construction,you can contact Fenard[is open to discussion]
This work is very cheap because of the low cost of the AT90S2313!

pic16f84a lc meter

hi !
I made the circuit as per the diagram shown , but the oscillator was not starting , i made my own PCB and checked each and every connection ,
Then I made the oscillator on veroboard , and checked the meter , the figures shown on the LCD were not as expected. Did you used the same board layout as shown on the Web ?
Also Send me the hexfile you used in your circuit

I'll be very grateful to you
i'm desperatly seraching for a good LC meter , as i've to construct the 433Mhz Rf Link

regards,
Shashank Parab.

lc-meter hex nokia 3310

I've used PCB from the site with some non critical modifications. I'll send you hex if you write me email. The email address I'll write you in private message.

at89c2051 lc meter project

Hi
have anyone a LC-meter project (scheme, soft and others ) who can interface with computer ?
i see a lot of schemes on this topic ....but can anyone to tell me what is the best from all this?

low cost lc-meter

oldmp said:
I built the LC meter, form EPE feb 2004 issue. It's a simple circuit, but by the C meter part , you need to modify the value of the 10k 1% resistor.... Simple use a 20k, and compensate it from the software... When I used the 10k resistor, the oscillator wan't to start... The compensation is easy to made. Turn on the circuit, and press the nulling button...

I tested it from 1pF !!! up to 4700uF--->> No problems!

Hi can you get us the circuit file and the software for this?....i download lcf.zip from epe site but i dont have the scheme ...and what software need this lc meter?

lc-meter at89c2051

Hi

First I must say that I haven't build any of these LC meters, but I think there are some comments about them in posts.
Then also ise the search function, EPE are elsewere in this forum and other LC meter projects available here aswell I think.

Cl

pic16f876a nokia 3310 lcd. lc meter

Sergiu_Q said:
Hi
have anyone a LC-meter project (scheme, soft and others ) who can interface with computer ?
I've made a PC version with AADE oscillator and frequency divider (2 x CD4040) because PC time resolution under widow$ is much less accurate than PIC
measure time can go up to 10s in order to have the same resolution, not a real problem. switching system is replaced by 3 relays PC controlled. interface is RS232
I made AADE PCB but hex file is corrupted :x (relay dosen't click while calibrating)

inductor meter avr

this is a good tool for ham

lc meter 1020 circuit

so, which of these lc meter has the highest accuracy?

fcl meter with pic16f876

this is a very good C meter

bascom lc meter

tiborv,
What is the specs of your circuit?

nguyennam

lc meter pic diagram

hi...if any one could help me?
i want afull cct. description and simulation and the program of the microcontrlloer for the ranges from
c=0.1pf to 200microfarad

l=0.1microhenry to500 mh
with very much thank you to who will reply for me
my email is
wolverine126@yahoo.com

fcl meter schematic

LC meter using PIC16F876A ang Nokia 3310 LCD:

:D

avr lc meter

yus said:

video

WOW Yus, that's a VERY cool project! What are the specs of your design?
Also, do you mind sharing the code and schematic so, we can build it.
I saw your discussion at **broken link removed** but the google translator doesn't help me much understanding what's going on :)

Thanks

l/c meter avr

darik said:
yus said:

video

WOW Yus, that's a VERY cool project! What are the specs of your design?
Also, do you mind sharing the code and schematic so, we can build it.
I saw your discussion at **broken link removed** but the google translator doesn't help me much understanding what's going on :)

Thanks

hi

here is code and schematic

regards
Fragrance

ik0gmm lc

@darik

here's the diagram I've used in that
:
**broken link removed**
*it is based on the original Digital LC meter by Phil Rice

Also, here's the source code: **broken link removed**
it's the same as what I've posted on this forum: Digital LC Meter (also same with the one posted by "Fragrance").
Unfortunately, I still wasn't able to update the source code.
So, until now, that code contains just the basic functions/calculations.
There's no additional features like "over-range", etc.

feel free to modify the source code.. :D

lm311 oscil

Project with lcd from 3310 is very cool, but can you help me with more info about compiling c-sources or better allready compiled hex file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back