Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency inverter - switching frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterl86

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i have frequency inverter and induction motor. Switching frequency of inverter can be 2 - 12kHz. Which frequency to select? Motor has no label.

Your induction motor SHOULD have a label; how do you even know it's an induction motor? In theory, the switching frequency of the inverter should be irrelevant since it will be filtered out and all that appears on the output is a pure sinewave. Obviously this is not reality. If it were me, I'd look at the waveforms across the motor as you vary the switching frequency and see how it performs-you may get resonances, etc., due to the harmonics of the switching.

Your induction motor SHOULD have a label; how do you even know it's an induction motor? In theory, the switching frequency of the inverter should be irrelevant since it will be filtered out and all that appears on the output is a pure sinewave. Obviously this is not reality. If it were me, I'd look at the waveforms across the motor as you vary the switching frequency and see how it performs-you may get resonances, etc., due to the harmonics of the switching.
On the cover there are only traces from label. It's second hand. I will look at the waveforms.

Theoretically depends on what the definition of carrier frequency?Inductance of stator windings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back