Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency effect in PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysysy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it frequency significant in control PWM that using for motor speed.

For example, duty cycle set to control how fast or slow of the motor, but how about frequency?I mean the both same with 0.5 duty cycle, but the frequency one is 20khz, another one 100hz... is there any different of output speed?

thanks.

Regards,

sysysy

Yes I think both speeds are same.
Frequency is not critical.

Reactions: Daham

Daham

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Available speed is a matter of motor design and inverter output voltage. Within a regular parameter range, it doesn't depend on PWM frequency.

PWM frequencies of 16 kHz or above are preferred for small drives to reduce the noise pollution. But losses are slightlly higher.

Surely no VFD (variable frequency drive) is using a PWM frequency of 100 Hz (respectively below 4 kHz).

Hi,

Surely no VFD (variable frequency drive) is using a PWM frequency of 100 Hz (respectively below 4 kHz)

May i know what is the meaning of above statement?

Thanks,

regards

sysysy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back