Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Domain vs Time Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mica188

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

What are the advantages and drawbacks of using a frequency domain or a time domain solvers?

Best regards,

Mica

a time domain solvers:quit suitable for transient,but when frequency is high ,it will need a lot of time.

a frequency domain :more efficiency for nonlinear problem,usualy for steady problem.

So such as MWR,integrate the HB method,and pspice method.

In the EM FDTD just in time domain,they can get the frequency respone at a time.
and the MOM and FEM only get one point frequency character.

Thanks for your response.

Feko is a frequency domain solver but has a time domain module and XFDTD is a time domain solver but it can transforme data in to frequency domain. I wonder what is the difference between these two solvers or does it have a difference, I talking about time or the frequency domain? I mean the results at the end.

Regards,

Mica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back