Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Domain and "Final" Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChepRidwan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was came to frequency domain. I was find frequency value for N sample.
Now I have a problem for find "Final" ( conclusion frequency/1 frequency for my audio data) frequency.
How to analisis the N frequency to find a final frequency?

Your question is not clear. I'm guessing that you have a file of audio samples like a .wav file of PCM data.

If your data contains most of it's energy at one frequency eg sine or sqaure wave you can process the samples to remove any DC offset then count the number of samples between zero crossings.

If you have data such as a recording of voice and music then it contains energy at lots of frequencys.
A single number does not accuratly describe it. You have to run it through a fourier transform work out the frequency content.

if u meant that what is the frequency of sample N in spectrum. it depends on sapmling rate.
according to the nyquist theorem samplin frequency must be at least 2 times of the most frequency of your signal.
the final frequency is the half of the sampling frequency of your signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back