Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency and current measurement for AC and DC Voltage using PIC16F1937

Status
Not open for further replies.

jean12

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello dear colleagues,could you please help me to think and find a solution for measuring the following parameters using my PIC16F1937?
I would like to measure:

1.The DC Voltage 0-50V (I had a problem of voltage divider calculations for good resolution)
2.AC Voltage 0-220VAC and its frequency using T1CKI of the PIC,
3.Frequency measurement up to 20MHZ via T1CKI of the PIC16F1937

I would like to display those parameters at different time on the LCD 16*2 and provide the appropriate switches for better control,

Please help.

Thanks.

Assuming you are using 5V VDD and 5V as the ADC reference:

1. Use a 10:1 potential divider. If the current into the divider has to be very low (=high value resistors) follow it with a buffer amplifier.
2. Depends on the response time you need but simplest method is to convert the AC to DC and use a potential divider for the voltage. For the frequency, square the waveform and count clock cycles between level transistions.
3. 20MHz is outside the range of T1CKI according to the data sheet, you might find it works on some PIC samples but not others. The method is to measure T1CKI cycles using T1 as a counter and see how much it increments within a period decided by one of the other timers.

Brian.

1. Use a 10:1 potential divider. If the current into the divider has to be very low (=high value resistors) follow it with a buffer amplifier.
2. Depends on the response time you need but simplest method is to convert the AC to DC and use a potential divider for the voltage. For the frequency, square the waveform and count clock cycles between level transistions.
3. 20MHz is outside the range of T1CKI according to the data sheet, you might find it works on some PIC samples but not others. The method is to measure T1CKI cycles using T1 as a counter and see how much it increments within a period decided by one of the other timers.

Brian.
Hello,for T1CKI what should be the maximum frequency to read,how can I implement the codes in microc?

Please help!!

Hello,refer to the codes and my proteus circuit here so that please provide a technical help on coding and if you judge a mstake presented in the circuit please help.

why with my
do{

}

while(1)

is not working with LCD interfaced to a PIC,the LCD is printing many special characters,please help!!

See my uplaoded files for simulation and coding ,only after unzipping consider "Multimeter Folder";

Please help!!

Brian.

Attachments

• Interfacing.zip
    192.1 KB · Views: 52

Status
Not open for further replies.