Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FreqMult in ADS with harmonic balance simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

An_RF_Newbie

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need to know why the output of the FreqMult component is not correct in this simulation. As you can see the difference between my input frequencies is not (87Mhz) multiplied correctly( I can't see (X3) 261 or (X5)435 Mhz frequencies).
In addition: I have set G1=G2=G3=G5=-20 or different values (in the uploaded ADS files these values are not inserted) but it doesn't work
enter image description here
here is my ADS simulation file: https://gofile.io/d/x2ZPQT

Your ADS file is not appropriate..You should Archive your Project Directory within ADS.( the extension will be *.zap)

Third Harmonic of 87MHz does not appear at Filter Outputs.(out1)
Combination of 100MHz and 13 MHz does not give 261MHz or 435MHz.
Multiplier cannot have those frequencies and therefore there is nothing to amplify.
I have slightly changed your set-up and haven't used a mixer and directly driven the rest.
modified_schematic.png
new_output.png

Third Harmonic of 87MHz does not appear at Filter Outputs.(out1)
Combination of 100MHz and 13 MHz does not give 261MHz or 435MHz.
Multiplier cannot have those frequencies and therefore there is nothing to amplify.
I have slightly changed your set-up and haven't used a mixer and directly driven the rest.
View attachment 165171View attachment 165173

I really appreciate your help and your explanation.
I am curious to know why the 435Mhz frequency is not acceptable for this structure. Because our mixer produces (Beside intermodulation), (100-13)=87Mhz and (100+13)=113Mhz frequencies based on its inputs and our multiplier(based on G1 to G5) will produce the 87*1,87*2,87*3=261,87*5=435. Or I make a mistake.

I really appreciate your help and your explanation.
I am curious to know why the 435Mhz frequency is not acceptable for this structure. Because our mixer produces (Beside intermodulation), (100-13)=87Mhz and (100+13)=113Mhz frequencies based on its inputs and our multiplier(based on G1 to G5) will produce the 87*1,87*2,87*3=261,87*5=435. Or I make a mistake.
The Mixer may have n*87MHz but the Simulator does not know this. Therefore you should add 87MHz and its' harmonics upto n in simulator's controller as I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back