Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Freescale microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replaying .

I'm using MC9S12XHZ512 and MC9S12XEP100CVL. I am looking for pin configuration and circuit diagram for programming this two micro controller .

You have to learn how to use the registers and you will also need the programmer. There are USB programmers which can debug your program using 2 pins of the microcontroller.

My experience with Freescale microcontrollers is that those are very very sensitive to supply voltage peaks. One S08 burned out when I turned my power supply, it seems that a higher voltage than 5V made that. If driving high inductive loads, even using transistors as drivers take the proper caution.

Thanks for providing information .

I have ready code for MC9S12XEP100CVL, I program it in code warrior .
but how can I put that code in my controller, I am searching for circuit diagram for programming MC9S12XEP100CVL, I have develop my on circuit board for MC9S12XEP100CVL micro controller, only programming flashing section remain .

Thanks for providing information .

I have ready code for MC9S12XEP100CVL, I program it in code warrior .
but how can I put that code in my controller, I am searching for circuit diagram for programming MC9S12XEP100CVL, I have develop my on circuit board for MC9S12XEP100CVL micro controller, only programming flashing section remain .

When in doubt, copy the demo-board's circuitry. Do this even if you have no doubts.
https://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/hardware_tools/schematics/DEMO9S12XEP100_SCH.pdf
You need the BDM connector as shown on upper-left corner of page 1 the schematic
Then get a programmer.

Wade

You have to select the programmer (in the debug or run button (a bug or a running man)) and it should program the MCU from the selected port.

Make sure that your programmer works well and all the programming connections are correct. You can debug the program (with F5) setp by step or just run it with F8. Once you disconnect the programmer the MCU will still permain programmed with the last program ran on it.

Thanks for replaying Bruno ,

but I want to know flashing tool for MC9S12XHZ512 and MC9S12XEP100CVL, and also pin configuration for programming this two microcontorller.

I have never worked with those models, I am a newbie with freescale MCUs, but almost every manufacturer has its own programming method and programmers indeed.

Look for programming information, datasheets and programmers at Freescale webpage; if they can't assist you then nobody will. Try that, you'll find what you are looking for.

I got this new programming tool for freescale microcontroller P&E’s USB Multilink Universal, w'll this work.

[moved] microcontroller from freescale - flashing program

I'm using MC9S12XHZ512 and MC9S12XEP100CVL two microcontroller from freescale, can you pls tell me pin configuration for flashing program using P&E’s USB Multilink Universal.

Re: [moved] microcontroller from freescale - flashing program

I'm using MC9S12XHZ512 and MC9S12XEP100CVL two microcontroller from freescale, can you pls tell me pin configuration for flashing program using P&E’s USB Multilink Universal.

What don't you understand?
Here's a blind attempt:
--Get a copy of "Codewarrior Dev studio for S12(X)"
https://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-HCS12X
---Load up the sample project for S12XHZ512, making sure that you specify USB Multilink Universal as the target
--- Replace the sample code with yours

As for the XEP100, I can't even guess: my CodeWarrior is old, version 5.9, and seems not to have heard of that variant.

You've asked this question at least three times now. It's time to get to work.

- - - Updated - - -

I got this new programming tool for freescale microcontroller P&E’s USB Multilink Universal, w'll this work.

Yes it will:
Yes_it_will.jpg

see connector J15 and J16

View attachment 110029**broken link removed**

Your schematic looks to be in order, except that the 'reset' switch seems to be unconnected (schematically, anyway) and the BDM connector is not a 6-pin, but the bottom six pins of a 10-pin.
Here's the 12XHZ EVB schematic:
BDM_XZ12.png

So what's the problem?

I just want to conform that my circuit is correct, before it's go for fabrication . I also have dough in power supply pin VSSPLL.
Reset is connected to pin-54 , is that correct ?

Last edited:

I just want to conform that my circuit is correct, before it's go for fabrication . I also have dough in power supply pin VSSPLL.
Reset is connected to pin-54 , is that correct ?

This is not something to be done One. Pin. At. A. Time.

Review the official Freescale reference drawings at http://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93813
and satisfy yourself.

And yes, pin 54 is reset on the 'XP100

Since freescale BDM programmers only use 4 wires and (I suppose) TTL or lower levels, could a virtual USB port work as programmer? I mean using a software to transfer the program to the MCU via the USB.

And are there any non-usb freescale programmers? I have a EBDM (usb) one but I wonder if exists a serial port one or similar.

Since freescale BDM programmers only use 4 wires and (I suppose) TTL or lower levels, could a virtual USB port work as programmer? I mean using a software to transfer the program to the MCU via the USB.

And are there any non-usb freescale programmers? I have a EBDM (usb) one but I wonder if exists a serial port one or similar.

Just two wires: *RESET and BKGD

You could look up OSBDM (Open Source BDM) and duplicate the required signals in your choice of hardware....

.. but USB is ubiquitous and cheap, and you're really paying for the firmware in the BDM unit.

And, in some cases, not paying very much, either. Witness: https://www.fasttech.com/product/1003400-usbdm-osbdm-v4-95-freescale-usb-emulator... just $16.95 USD

New problem , any idea about it.

- - - Updated - - -

New problem any idea about it.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 100

Status
Not open for further replies.