Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Freescale MC68HC908BD48 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

baza

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
free freescale hs12 compiler

I'm a beginner.
I' didn't wrote C code for uControllers before.
I have some questions, if you have some time, please help me:

i want to built a little project: i want to programm this MC68HC908BD48 for a standard CRT monitor. I need to interface it with TDA9113 integrated circuit and an EEPROM 4Kb memory on I2C bus. the questions are:

1. what tools i need to write the code and to put it in the uProcessor?
2. where should i find some simple examples in C code, to send data with I2C bus?
please help me with simple examples!
3.what books should i read to learn?

I should say i have some hardware experience, but the software seems too be difficult for now.

Thank you very much, engineers!

HI,

"1. what tools i need to write the code and to put it in the uProcessor? "

U need C-compiler (if u r writning code in C) or assembler (if code is in assembly), Simulator(to simulate how code will work when downloaded in chip),
Debugger (to debug the code with actual HW connected).....debugger may be costly and Programmer to program the chip with code u have written

2. where should i find some simple examples in C code, to send data with I2C bus?
please help me with simple examples!
At following link U will get lot of material regarding 68HC series, tutorials etc. etc. also links to compilers, a lot of info!!!!!!!

**broken link removed**
also u will get free ICS08 software at
http://www.pemicro.com/.

for example codes u can also search website of motorola...
http://freescale.com

.what books should i read to learn?
U can get "Programming Embedded systems in C and C++" ebook on this forum as a good refernce.

Best Luck!

I would say that you want to run a racing car but has never been on track before..:)

There are plenty of source code around for the IEC (see phillips examples, search with google).

Now it is of course an exellent micro controller and can be programmed in assembler but remember murphy's law: one line over ten written is a possible trap!

Beside just the initialisation of your HC908 is sort of long..

A good tool is Metrowerks codewarrior. (I use it) It's a nice tool set because the debuger is part of the tool chain and let you find easily the bugs you create while writing the software. I use the same tool chain for the HC12BC32 HS12 and HC08.
The BDM approch is like having a mini logic analyser using the specific hardware build in the micro.

The documentation is exellent and even as a beginner, you shouldn't have any problem.

Good luck
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.