Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FreePDK45 model files

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax00

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
With NCSU FreePDK45 only hspice model files are available and was wondering if someone has put effort for Spectre model files to be freely available? The Spectre simulator cannot be used with hspice model files and the hspiceD simulator is not supported by Cadence and we need to install that separately?

Another question, is it possible to use netlist generated by Calibre PEX extraction tool directly? I heard we need to generate Calibre View using PEX and then it can be used in Config View, is that correct? If that is true can we simulate the Calibre View using Spectre for FreePDK45 or still we need hspiceD simulator?

The Spectre simulator cannot be used with hspice model files ...

Spectre understands hspice syntax if you put the statement
Code:
simulator lang=spice
... in front of the hspice model files.

Thanks erikl for the reply. I am unable to simulate a simple inverter with NCSU FreePDK45 for hspiceD and Spectre simulator.

When I use hspiceD simulator, the simulations fails with an output log message: hspice: command not found

For the Spectre simulator it fails with error message:
ERROR (SFE-868): "/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/hspice_nom.include" 2: Unable to open input file `/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_VTG.inc
.inc '.
No such file or directory.
ERROR (SFE-868): "/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/hspice_nom.include" 5: Unable to open input file `/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_VTL.inc
.inc '.
ERROR (SFE-868): "/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/hspice_nom.include" 8: Unable to open input file `/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_VTH.inc
.inc '.
ERROR (SFE-868): "/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/hspice_nom.include" 11: Unable to open input file `/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_THKOX.inc
.inc '.

I used the following model file of FreePDK without defining any section:
FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/hspice_nom.include
and unable to understand what the problem is.

I used the following model file of FreePDK without defining any section:
FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/hspice_nom.include

Looks like this model file tries to include a further include-file which it can't find at the given location. May be a setup problem?

Looks like this model file tries to include a further include-file which it can't find at the given location. May be a setup problem?

Yes, the syntax of hspice_nom.include file does not seems to be correct because when I include the individual .inc files the simulation runs fine with Spectre. Any idea for correct format for .include file?

Also how to simulate the extracted netlist or Calibre View generated by Calibre PEX?

Yes, the syntax of hspice_nom.include file does not seems to be correct because when I include the individual .inc files the simulation runs fine with Spectre. Any idea for correct format for .include file?

Not without seeing your hspice_nom.include file ...

Also how to simulate the extracted netlist or Calibre View generated by Calibre PEX?
Here's an old advice file, with which I succeeded a few years ago:

Attachments

• Extracted_parasitic_simulation_using_Calibre.pdf
    93.6 KB · Views: 124

Not without seeing your hspice_nom.include file ...

Here is the file content:
.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_VTG.inc
.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/PMOS_VTG.inc

.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_VTL.inc
.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/PMOS_VTL.inc

.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_VTH.inc
.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/PMOS_VTH.inc

.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/NMOS_THKOX.inc
.inc '/opt/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/models/hspice/tran_models/models_nom/PMOS_THKOX.inc

Apostrophe (') at the end of the file name missing?
.inc files accessible at this location?

Hello Eriki
Where do I enter the code simulator lang=spice ?
Could you please be specific ?

Hi Karan

Hope this link can help you

**broken link removed**

hi,
i would like to install the Package FreePDK45 in Virtuoso, but i dont know how.
i have tried many things but without success.

Thanks
Ala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back