Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FreeDOS Boot Selection Menu Change Default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiikid6

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I'm currently using FreeDOS for a project but I can't get it to automatically start to the second option on the boot selection screen. Is there any way to do this that doesn't involve going into the source code and changing it? Can I do it via the AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS, or omit something through the installation? Also whenever I do go to the first one it always freezes or gives me an error, like It couldn't find the command.com file and it tells me to type it in but I can't type anything in! Only the second option works for my needs as it uses all the drivers necessary for my project.

Thank you,
Wiikid6

To do it right you must know how to modify your AUTOEXEC.BAT file.

Can you open the present file? Do you see a list of commands that look like they display a menu on startup? You should be able to find the program you want to run, and type it on a line near the top.

Type it after AUTOEXEC.BAT has done the necessary setup of drives, memory, CONFIG.SYS, etc.

You don't have to delete the unwanted options. Just REM those out. Keep them in case you find you want to add them in later.

Insert 'echo' statements to tell you what progress it makes as it starts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.