Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fractal antennas and IE3D !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkimhoc

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I try to design a sierpinski monopole antenna (not patch) with IE3D but it's seems difficult. :?
did anybody have an example or .geo files explaining how to do :?::idea:

Cheers

elkimhoc:

Can you send me the draft of the structure (jian@zeland.com)? I can help you to build it.

Best regards,

Hi Jian,

Here is my draft for antennas :

Thanks for helping

Hi, Elkimhoc:

Attached are a series of IE3D files showing you how to build a fractus antenna on IE3D based upon your draft. Regards.

Jian ,
can you tell me how to define the ground in the second .geo file , thanks in advance

Hi, Xcyyx:

The ground is defined as the Y-min enclosure wall in Edit->Basic Parameters.

Best regards,

Jian,
Thanks a lot , do you have some manuals about how to define ground and how to define ports in IE3D.

Hi, xcyyx:

Defining grounds and ports are discussed extensively in the IE3D Manual. However, there may not be an example to use the enclosure wall as a ground even though using symmetric planes are discussed in the Appendix. It is a good ideal to give an example on it. Regards.

Coule you tell me that the three connections of the three yellow triangles, which are the three angles of the white triangles, in Sierpinski Antenna should be points? Should they be replaced by little strips for electrical current? How did you do ?

hi jian
can you tell me what is the best software for simulation of fractal Antenneas?

Hi, becky520175 :

I would like not to claim which one is the best. However, IE3D is used extensively by engineers in designing fractal antennas. It is an excellent tool for such antennas. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.