Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fractal antenna desing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkalariya

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all

I am designing the Fractal antenna for the multi-band application.
First I design the antenna(Square patch) for one frequency that is 1.5 GHz and after that I want to design the same antenna radiate at 5.5 GHz.

But when I make that radiate at 5.5 GHz by making the iteration in square patch then my first frequency is changed to 1.3 GHz.

So, can any one say that why this happened ?
and
What is the possible solution of the problem. ?

Its seem to be quite tricky design. I wold suggest you to change the size of 2nd and 3rd iteration trough parameter sweep.

vkalariya

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks SN Khan

well i am using the ADS2005A and I am new to it so can you tell me that how to use the parameter sweep with the layout window in ADS.

And by changing the second and third iteration frequency of the second resonance is also change.

see the paper of IEEE on fractal Sierpinski carpet antenna paper and you can find the solution of this proble.

vkalariya

hi Vkalariya

Try to design the antenna for the first frequency and after see the current distribution and and find out the lower current distribution area and make second iteration on that area i think it will work fine but reduced the S11 for the first frequency.

vkalariya

search for the fractal paper on this community might be you can get more paper on fractal antenna.

vkalariya

If you want to add an iteration to your square patch then you'll find that the current path length of the 1st mode will become longer than a single square patch. One possible way that you can do is designing the antenna to operate at above 1.55 GHz for a single patch.

regards,

vkalariya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back