Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga + software radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

shevy24

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am new to this forum and I need a help about this project "software radio using warp fpga board v2.2" I have started reading the documentation on the board manufacturer site :**broken link removed**, but still I don't understand the programming part after downloading the xilinx studio IDE, the software radio must be able to use MIMO technology. Please I will be glad if I can get a guideline on how to start the programming part..thanks :cool:

Thanks for the info, I think I will go through the links and see if they help but I am meant to programme in xilinx environment, if you get something close to how to programme on xilinx it will be highly appreciated...

The virtex-4 on the board has to be programmed with a bitstream of your design. Usually one makes such a design in either verilog or vhdl. Hence the links...

Doesn't really matter if you use a xilinx or altera or whatever. The need for picking a language remains the same.

Also, doesn't the vendor of this board provide some example projects?

Last edited:

There is no example project in the vendor website, it is only some libraries and codes they cam ewith the user guide, but I will try to the links you sent and figure out to use vhdl or verilog fo rbitstream of my design. I f I am stucked, I can contact u again..

thanks

Hi,

I finally got the example projects but I still have a problem where I can download EDK, I was aked to download the IDE to use which is tortoise SVN but still don't know where to download EDK

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.